Choose and Book
If you need to see a specialist, Choose and Book allows you to choose the hospital where you will be seen. You will also be able to choose the date and time of your appointment.
Why Choose and Book?
Making an appointment using Choose and Book has many benefits:
- You can choose any hospital in England funded by the NHS.
- You can choose a date and time that’s convenient to you.
- Correspondence is via email, so you can store the information on your computer for future reference.
- You can fit your treatment around other commitments, or around other treatment that you are undergoing.
- You can check the status of your referral and change or cancel your appointments easily over the phone or on the internet.
How does Choose and Book work?
When you and your GP agree that you need an appointment with a specialist, Choose and Book shows your GP which hospitals or clinics are available for your treatment. Your GP will then discuss the clinically appropriate options with you.
If you know when and where you would like to be seen, you may be able to book your appointment before you leave the GP’s surgery. If this is the case, you will be given confirmation of the place, date and time of your appointment.
If you want more time to consider your choices, you can take the Appointment Request letter away with you and book your appointment later. This letter contains all the details you need to make a booking