Good feedback for cancer services in Wiltshire
Cancer patients in Wiltshire have rated the overall care they receive as a positive 8.8 out of 10, according to the 2016 National Cancer Patient Experience Survey published in July 2017.
Patients answered a series of questions which asked for their thoughts on the quality of care and standard of cancer services in Wiltshire. A total of 845 patients (72%) completed the survey, representing a response rate higher than the national average of 66%.
Key highlights include:
- 81% of patients said they were definitely involved as much as they wanted to be in decisions about their care and treatment
- 89% of patients said that they were given the name of a Clinical Nurse Specialist who would support them through their treatment
- 90% of patients said that, overall, they were always treated with dignity and respect while they were in hospital
- 95% of patients said that hospital staff told them who to contact if they were worried about their condition or treatment after they left hospital
- 66% of patients said that they thought the GPs and nurses at their general practice definitely did everything they could to support them while they were having cancer treatment.