Call 111 when you have a healthcare need that is not life threatening.
When you call 111, trained call advisors will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and then direct you to the local healthcare service that’s right for you. If the NHS 111 team think you need an ambulance, they will send one immediately.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
When should you use the service?
- You need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- You don’t know who to call for medical help
- You don’t have a GP to call
- You think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service but are not sure which one is most appropriate
- You require health advice or reassurance about what to do next